28 October 2005

Nepal


Nepal has been a smooth ride. I was that close to have you guys winning your bet, that I would never leave Kathmandu. After a month and a half, I felt like home, had an everyday life and my habits, my friends. Special thanks to Raj, Nima, Aino, Ken, Olli, Laura, Josh, Guillemette, Clinton, Shiva and the others to have made my entry point so easy. Nepali can't be more smiling and friendly, and cruising around the country was made pretty easy. Overall political climate, even though unfelt mostly by tourists, cast a cloud over the bright picture... Despite recent cease-fire, super sad stories are still heard of.
Trekking the Annapurna was an everyday slap in the face. Please. If you smoke a pack a day, and like your daily drink, please come enjoy a 330 km walk with a 5 416m-high pass, carry a 13 kgs backpack, and come dance in the clouds. I can't remember having both enjoyed and suffered that much...
As a matter of sweating a last time, bungy-jumped 160 m with a 2 hours-fresh hangover. Better than Nurofen.

Here are some of my pictures from Nepal

1- As a Slideshow
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefworldtour/sets/1189956/show/

2- As an Album
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefworldtour/sets/1189956/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home