05 January 2007

A Six-Month Long Landing

Someone told me the day I left traveling: “Relax. Leaving isn’t the hard part of the journey. Coming back is…” Experience proved him right, and the maneuver was touchy. This picture sums-up pretty good the feeling. Waking up from a long long dream in a war zone…
I guess I broke a new record in the history of civil aviation. A six-month-long landing to get my aircraft down on reality field. I’ve kept bouncing up and down, traveling here and about, started a working on a book (thank you Cedrik, my agent, for still holding on), decided to do something more serious about photography, lived in a thousand different places, on a million different couches (thank you all for making me the luckiest homeless person on earth).
I considered leaving for another year, but decided to settle for a while. I’m not done with my traveling, and I promise this very diary will be again full of new discoveries, but I still have a lifetime.
I got two of my closest friends married, who actually were the reason I came back (they might have saved my life, according to some).
I found myself in Corsica for this purpose, Switzerland in the mountains, Berlin with my team and silver companion, Turkey with the guys-gang to celebrate our 30th birthday and 10 years of friendship, Israel to catch up with family and friends, unfortunately during the Lebanese conflict, and came back and left France about a dozen times, where I am settled now.
As for those three guys pilled up over me on the black and white shot, they are my traveling dream team, Ruth, Natalia and Tai. We shared a common fairy tale in India, and were so happy to be back together after having been split for so long.

I’ve gone through my Black Box today and recovered some snapshots. Sorry though for the Israeli crew, no images from there. Random selection, nothing fancy, just so that you can assess that life still is a party, and always will. Those are some of my friends and family back home.

1- As a Album
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefworldtour/sets/72157594436869440/

2- As a Slideshow (there is a timer you can set passing upper part of the pics)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home