07 July 2009

The Single Shoe Mystery...

I might have not paid sufficient attention over the bizarre pattern on my previous travel. But on this very journey I couldn’t help but notice an increasing number of single ownerless shoes.
The impressive number of the above-mentioned is still providing food for thoughts.
I mean…I’ve lost loads. Keys, phones, glasses, socks, umbrellas, my mind, books…But I can’t help thinking that if I ever were to lose or miss a shoe, I would most certainly notice it soon enough, independently of my alcohol level.
So here I send to you, my friends, all around the world, this simple question: Why Like This? What has happened to all those people? To all the vanished owners of those single shoes?Abducted? Scared to the run? Land mines? Foot fetish? Please, if you or any of your friends has heard anything of help, please feed us. I’ll keep you posted on the investigation…I mean. A shoe. How can you lose a shoe…???
Some disturbing images on the following links:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40274176@N02/sets/72157621198614542/

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You’re right Stef : Hard to imagine how someone wouldn’t notice that they are missing just one shoe.
Some of them are even hanged on trees or electrical lines (on purpose ?). Is this a game or a message to remind us life hangs by a threat ?
Mysterious secret… Maybe just because it reminds us of our loneliness, of somehow being abandoned and becoming lost in plain sight.
Moral of the story : Beyond recovery or redemption, fallen or destroyed due to the amount of abuses we’ve made it suffer, plunging it ankle deep in mud and water… A lost shoe or a lost soul ? Whatever… Life is hard, just get used to it… Hung up on the ones you love and enjoy each time of the day before it’s too late !
By the way, your ‘big foot’ slides show most of the concerned lost is from women. So what… Girls ! Come around ! Think about your environment !

5:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's my shoe! I have been looking for it everywhere.

Bring it back with you. I left the other one in Vezoul, France..

T'aurais pas vu mes cles sinon?

Take care of yourself. Kiss

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home